Ubiquity is in my opinion the next quantum leap forward in browsing. While its still in its infancy, Ubiquity has massive potential for good AND evil.
What is it? Basically, it is an addon for Firefox (works on Windows, Mac & Linux) that allows you to do all those things that you thought “Why can’t my browser just… easily?” Check out the Ubiquity tutorial which is pretty much the same as the video embedded on Friday Traffic Report (see above), except that you can take your time to look at it properly.
I’ve installed it on my Windows Firefox 3 browser and have had no problems getting it to do exactly what i want. I’m thinking of writing a few apps for it, if I can think of any worth my time writing (suggestions welcome – leave a comment).
So, thanks Jack for letting us in on this one What are you waiting for? Go install it already!
See The Buzz…
It’s crazy out there
- Introducing Ubiquity
- Make Ubiquity More Ubiquitous
- Searching the Enterprise Services Workplace the smart way using …
- Mozilla Labs Launches Ubiquity.
- Ubiquity Tutorial: How to Write a Simple BSE Sensex Tracker
- If You Want To Create a Mashup, Just Ask Your Browser. Mozilla …
- Control Remember the Milk from Ubiquity
- Playing with Ubiquity
- Screengrab Ubiquity Script
- Five Nifty Ubiquity Scripts
- Mozilla gives the passionates one with Ubiquity
- Writing a Delicious command for Ubiquity
- Top 35 Ubiquity Commands
- Ubiquity For Firefox Is Not An Add-On – It’s a Whole New UI
- Using Ubiquity to improve productivity
- Ubiquity – The Best of The Web
- Mozilla Ubiquity – redefining website usability
- Firefox’s Ubiquity
- Ubiquity from Mozilla Labs – and a question about browsers…
- Make the Web Do Your Bidding With Firefox