This is a guest post by Real Estate Agent Peter Taliangis
Selling your home in January is a great idea. It is often one of the busiest times of the year.
- You have more time to get your home ready
- People have more time to look
- People have more time to move
- People are often already on holidays
- People often set deadlines for work, school and business to ensure they are in their new home by a certain date.
Here’s what you should do to be ready for a New Year sale
- Do the renovations and odd jobs that need to be done
- Start watching the market look for signs of improvement
- Call me, your favourite real estate agent (get me to appraise and assess your home)
- Make sure your agent has got a multi-tiered marketing campaign to find buyers
- Make sure you have a marketing strategy for January as things tend to go a little quieter
- Make sure you set a realistic price and your property presents as well as possible
When you sell there’s one really important thing to remember:
Allow approximately 7 weeks for your settlement – particularly if it involves finance. You have to be prepared for settlement agents, banks, building inspectors and termite inspectors to be on holidays during the Christmas holiday period.